Making your own hummus, houmous, homus…whichever way you say/write it, there seem to be some many different ways depending on who you speak to; is actually super easy and you don’t need to have ANY cooking knowledge to make it.
This recipe is for a very basic hummus but you can add in pretty much anything else you want to this base for a delicious and healthy, protein packed dip.
1. One tin of chickpeas (use the water they come in as well)
2. Two cloves of garlic (more if you love garlic)
3. A splash of olive oil
4. Salt and pepper (to taste)
5. One squeezed lemon
6. Two tablespoons of Tahini paste
7. A small handful of parsley
Instead of using parsley, you could swap this out for fresh mint leaves and add in approx 80 grams of peas (unfrozen) for a slightly sweeter, fresher flavour combo – my current favourite version!
1. Chuck it all in to the blender and blend until you get a texture you like.
2. Taste the mixture – add salt and pepper to taste.
I love to spread mine (once it’s nice and cold), on a piece of fresh bread, topped with slices of warm and crispy turkey bacon and a little fresh lettuce….to die for!
This mixture will last approx 3 to 4 days in the fridge if covered.